New Capital Roadways Ltd. based in 1636 Mount Lehman Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening and Weekend. The position of Truck driver has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: New Capital Roadways Ltd.
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 12
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1636 Mount Lehman Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H7
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.