Simar Trucking Inc based in 2920 24 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6T 0G7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate must be available to work during Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: Simar Trucking Inc
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $25.50 hourly for 35 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2920 24 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6T 0G7
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to plan travel, related itineraries, and make reservations.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul and short-haul trips.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
2920 24 Avenue NW