Star Delivery Service Ltd based in Edwardsville, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Star Delivery Service Ltd
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 hourly for 32 to 48 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Edwardsville, NS
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with the Bill of Lading, Driver Logbook, and Inspection Report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is refrigerated.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about the local area.
Security and Safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.