N BHULLAR TRANSPORT LTD. based in 12-8465 Harvard Place, Chilliwack, BC V2P 7Z5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: N BHULLAR TRANSPORT LTD.
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 12-8465 Harvard Place, Chilliwack, BC V2P 7Z5
- The candidate will be responsible for paying and receiving payments for goods.
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be in charge of receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be in charge of transport goods and materials by operating and driving straight or articulated trucks.
- The candidate will be in charge of tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to coach colleagues on new methods or techniques of work.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Driver logbook and Bill of lading.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations.
- The candidate should be willing to travel cross-border.
- The candidate should be willing to travel for extended periods.
- The candidate should be willing to travel overnight.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
- The selected candidate’s travel expenses will be covered by the employer.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should be willing to handle large work load.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.