Clark’s Cartage based in 505 Goodyear Rd, Napanee, ON K7R 3M4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Transport driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Flexible Hours and Early Morning.
Employer Name: Clark’s Cartage
Position: Transport driver
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $75,000 to $85,000 annually for 60 hours per 60 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 505 Goodyear Rd, Napanee, ON K7R 3M4
- The candidate will be expected to coach colleagues on new methods or techniques of work.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, a driver’s licence (Class 1 or A), a FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Program certificate, and a Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate must be familiar with International regions.
- The candidate must have long-haul transportation experience.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
- The candidate must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel internationally.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone and steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and Group insurance benefits.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Travel insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
505 Goodyear Rd
505 Goodyear Rd
Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
613-354-0282 extension 309 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 1881758
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples