City of ThunderBay has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Transit Operator. The comprehending of duties and accountabilities is obligatory for candidates, and they must put forth their supreme effort. They will safely operate conventional and/or specialised/on-demand transit vehicles in accordance with established routes and schedules with a varying number of stops under the general supervision of the Supervisor. They will provide courteous service and respond to customer enquiries concerning transit information.
Employer Name: City of ThunderBay
Position: Transit Operator
Salary: $15.50- $29.48 per hour
Employment Type: Part-Time
- Candidates will provide excellent customer service and public relations to transit customers and the general public.
- They will operate City buses and/or vans and transport passengers safely according to Thunder Bay Transit and Lift+ routes, schedules and procedures.
- They are responsible for collecting fares, ensuring the safety of all passengers and documenting all incidents.
- Candidates must possess attentiveness, good judgement, safe driving habits, and an ability to deal with all kinds of people in varying circumstances with minimum supervision
- They must possess and maintain a valid Class “G” Ontario Drivers Licence, or equivalent
- They must meet the definition of a competent driver as defined by the Corporation
- Candidates must have the ability to provide assistance to passengers with accessibility needs and language barriers, and deal with other passenger issues as per Transit policies and procedures.
- They should possess the capability to check and report on the condition of buses before leaving the depot and at such other times as may be designated or required.
- Candidates will obtain matching pension plan
- Additionally, they will acquire paid vacation and holidays.
- They will also get life insurance & accidental death & dismemberment insurance (1.5 times your annual salary)
- They will gain employee wellness programs.
- Moreover, they will possess corporate training & leadership development.
How to apply
Candidates interested in the Transit Operator position are urged to verify their eligibility and complete the registration process with accurate and truthful information. To add your details, please use the provided link. The registration process is already underway, so we encourage you to apply promptly.