Nature’s Best based in 7 Glenwood Dr., Barrie, ON L4N 1R3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Supermarket cashier who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job.
Employer Name: Nature’s Best
Position: Supermarket cashier
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.50 to $17.00 hourly for 15 to 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: 7 Glenwood Dr., Barrie, ON L4N 1R3
- The candidate must be able to operate a cash register.
- The candidate must process money, cheques, and credit/debit card payments.
- The candidate will be required to scan items.
- The candidate will have to accept payment for goods or services.
- The candidate will be expected to calculate daily/shift payments and reconcile them with total sales.
- The candidate will be in charge of suggestive selling.
- The candidate will be responsible for stocking shelves and cleaning the counter area.
- The candidate will be expected to greet customers.
- The candidate will be required to wrap or place merchandise in bags.
- The candidate will be required to weigh produce and bulk foods.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor all entrances and exits and to request proof of payment as needed.
- The candidate will be required to participate in promotional activities.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must work in a supermarket/grocery store, a pharmacy or drugstore, and a retail establishment.
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about electronic cash registers, Interac machines, and price scanners.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate will receive free parking and employer-paid learning/training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
7 Glenwood Dr. suite 4
L4N 1R3 Between 10:00 AM and 05:00 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples