Parks Canada has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Student Interpreter. Understanding their duties and accountability is essential for candidates, and they must give their best effort. If you want to get a post in which you feel secure, you have a great opportunity to take this post. In this article we have mentioned all the information required for your job. If you are interested and want to know further information, read the full article.
Employer Name: Parks Canada
Position: Student Interpreter
Salary: $16.84 to $25.52 per hour
Employment Type: Full time / Part time
Location: Cape Breton Highlands National Park of Canada
- Candidates will deliver programs and guided hikes to visitors about the park’s natural features, cultural heritage, and significance within the national parks system as a member of Cape Breton Highlands National Park’s interpretation team.
- They are accountable for assisting with special events, school field trips, computer work using various software, use of audio-visual equipment.
- Candidates must have experience in working as part of a diverse team.
- Candidates should possess experience or knowledge in interpretation techniques (such as storytelling, demonstration, theatre programs or guided walks), performing arts, natural history, biology, geology, ecology, and/or cultural history.
- They ought to have experience in delivering messages/information to groups in face-to-face situations with the purpose of education, engagement, entertainment and/or motivation.
- They must have the knowledge of natural history and special features of Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- Candidates need to be willing to wear a Parks Canada uniform when required.
- They must have willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, and various isolated/remote locations.
- They must have willingness to work varied hours, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- They should possess the willingness to stand/walk/hike for prolonged periods (up to 15 km + in a single day) and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Candidates will obtain Flexible working hours.
- They will possess a pleasant working environment.
- They will get Health care benefits.
How to apply
The Student Interpreter post is open to all candidates who are eligible and interested. We kindly request you to click the link below and swiftly complete the registration process, ensuring your information is accurate. The registration period is underway and will conclude shortly.