Steel plant labourer
Capitol Steel Corportion based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Steel plant labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Shift, Overtime and Early Morning.
Employer Name: Capitol Steel Corportion
Position: Steel plant labourer
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $13.00 to $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting raw materials, finished goods, and scrap materials throughout the facility.
- The candidate must feed conveyors, crushers, and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to sort, stack, bundle, and stamp materials.
- The candidate will be required to perform other activities to assist process and machine operators in mineral ore and metal processing.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and immediate work areas.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload vehicles using a forklift or dolly.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with forklifts and powered lifting equipment.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.