West Wind Stables based in 53086 Road 4E, Oak Bluff, MB R0G 1N0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Stable hand who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. West Wind Stables is more like a family than a business! Our coaches, instructors, and barn staff all work hard to make the stable a welcoming and enjoyable place to ride. We are also committed to keeping our equine friends healthy and ready for anything, from recreational riding to high-level competition.
West Wind Stables is run by Shawn Charriere and Christina Doliniski, a husband and wife team. Building one of Manitoba’s largest riding facilities has been a long-term goal. They have worked tirelessly to make West Wind a welcoming, safe, and enjoyable home for all horses and riders. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: West Wind Stables
Position: Stable hand
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $11.95 hourly for 16 to 20 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment – Part time (Student job)
Location: 53086 Road 4E, Oak Bluff, MB R0G 1N0
Animal Specializations: Horses
- The candidate should have knowledge and capability to operate farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must perform preventative and routine maintenance on farm equipment and tools.
- The candidate will be expected to feed and care for animals.
- The candidate will be required to clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
- The candidate should regularly monitor animal health.
- The candidate will be expected to keep equine animals clean by bathing them on a regular basis and performing grooming services such as brushing their coats and oiling their hooves.
- The candidate will be expected to clean saddles, bridles, and other riding equipment and fit them to horses to ensure proper fit.
- The candidate will be required to ride horses in order to exercise them and ensure that they are managed in accordance with established exercise plans.
- The candidate must prepare horses and other equine animals for riding lessons as well as sports such as horse racing.
- Using clippers and scissors, the candidate will clip and groom equine animals’ manes and tails.
- The candidate will be required to work in conjunction with large animal vets to provide herd health management, veterinary treatments, and routine vaccinations.
- The candidate will be required to identify sick animals and work with veterinarian to determine proper treatment.
- The candidate will be required to muster and drive livestock to milking and shearing sheds, as well as between paddocks, to ensure adequate feed is available.
- The candidate will be responsible for observing animals for signs of illness and administering medication as needed.
- The candidate must provide general first aid while focusing on the health and well-being of each assigned equine animal.
- The candidate will be required to maintain high standards of animal welfare.
- The candidate should ensure farm activities comply with government regulations.
- The candidate should be responsible for maintaining adequate stock for animal foods, medicines etc.
- The candidate should be responsible in keeping daily progress reports of the farm.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain high levels of hygiene standards.
- The candidate will be required to ensure that farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed.
- The candidate should be responsible in ensuring cleanliness of the farm.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset
- The candidate would be responsible for farm animal grooming.
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping an inventory of the necessary feed ingredients.
- Knowledge of farming best practices would be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have good communication skill.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of animal welfare as well as excellent animal-handling abilities.
- The candidate must have strong analytical skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be hardworking.
- The candidate must be willing to learn and follow instructions.
- The candidate should have good decision making and problem solving skills.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of making decisions.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours, including tolerance for pests and thorns.
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, dusty, hot and cold environments.
- The candidate will be required to work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for extended periods.
Work Location Information
- The candidates will be required to work in Rural area.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation