In the 1990s, the Leahys launched their own brand of applesauce “Applesnax”. The Leahy family still boils maple syrup, and they grow their own apples, some of which are included in the more than 130 million pounds of fruits and vegetables they process each year. Since 1980, Vergers Leahy has used its know-how to create healthy, gourmet and quality products. Every day, Leahys company processes an average of 500,000 pounds of fresh fruit and vegetables destined for Canadian, US and overseas markets.
Applesnax produces apple products or to be precise, applesauce. They are kosher as certified by Montreal Jewish Community Council. Many of the company’s products are organic and certified by Ecocert Canada. They are regarded as safe quality food. Aside from vitamin C, there are no preservatives in these items. While they are all based on apples, you can find other ingredients as well such as berries and peaches.
Vergers Leahy based in Ormstown, QC, is looking for Specialized Cleaners with 10 vacancies. The one chosen to be employed will be required to start as soon as possible. The shifts vary from Day to Evening and might also be Overtime. The vacancies refer to that of permanent employment and a full time job.
Employer Name: Vergers Leahy
Position: Specialized Cleaners
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $16.25 to $18.62 weekly for 40 to 45 hours per week
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Ormstown, QC
- Will be needed to Train or arrange for training.
- Will be needed to pick up debris and empty trash containers.
- Will be needed to oversee the operation of company.
- Will be needed to operate cleaning machines.
- Will be needed to clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces.
- Will be required to operate Pressure cleaners.
- Will be required to operate Chemical cleaning equipment.
- Will be required to perform scheduled maintenance and minor repairs on equipment.
- Will be required to monitor machine during operation.
- Will be required to maintain inventory of supplies.
- Will be required to clean all parts using special cleaning and rinsing solutions and ultrasonic or mechanical cleaning machines.
- Might be required to handle weights up to 9 kg (20 lbs).
- No degree, certificate or diploma is required.
- Should have Manufacturing Sector Experience in Industrial and inorganic chemicals.
- Should have Cleaning Experience in Industrial equipment.
- No experience otherwise is required.
- Should have a basic security clearance.
- Should have a Driving record check.
- Should be able to work in confined spaces, at heights, in areas that are wet/damp or hot.
- Tasks may be repetitive in nature.
- Should have their own transportation.
- Should be able to work under pressure.
- Should be able to work fast paced environment.
- Tasks will be physically demanding will required bending, crouching and kneeling.
- Should have Manual dexterity.
- Should be initiative.
- Should be flexible.
- Should be a team player.
- Should have ability to multitask.
- Should be adaptable.
- Should have excellent and effective interpersonal skills.
- Should be dependable and reliable.
- Should have clarity of judgement and should be very well organized.
- Should be bilingual, English and French.
- Vergers Leahy promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including people belonging to groups like: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities and Youth.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, apply through the given email.