Special needs educational assistant
Opokaa’sin Early Intervention Society based in Lethbridge, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Special needs educational assistant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Opokaa’sin Early Intervention Society
Position: Special needs educational assistant
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $19.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Lethbridge, AB
- The candidate will be required to assist students individually or in small groups with assignments, as well as reinforce learning and retention concepts, under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising students during recess and lunch.
- The candidate will be expected to assist students with their integration into the classroom and school setting.
- The candidate will be expected to accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres, and on field trips.
- The candidate must monitor and report on student progress to the classroom teacher.
- The candidate will be expected to assist students with special needs by using techniques such as sign language, braille, and remedial programmes.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma or equivalent experience.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate and a CPR Certificate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
Experience and specialization
Work experience with special needs students
- The candidate must have work experience with special needs students in communication assistance, personal hygiene assistance, and children with intellectual disabilities.
Experience with special needs children
- The candidate must have experience working with special needs children such as Autistic children, Children who are deaf or hard of hearing, Children with a mental health disability, Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or attention deficit disorder (ADD), Children with behavioural issues and Children with learning disabilities.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check as well as a Child welfare check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- Health and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- In addition to the Health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking and On-site daycare available.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
241 Stafford Drive North
T1H 2A5 Between 08:30 AM and 04:30 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter