Lavington Turf Farms Ltd. based in 5770 Petworth Rd, Coldstream, BC V1B 3E4, is looking suitable candidates for the position of Sod Farmer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. We are the Okanagan’s best producer of quality sod for residential, golf and sports field applications. Our seed blends are chosen specifically for cold winter tolerance and hot summer droughts. Under both these extreme circumstances, our sod will survive and continue to provide a valuable appearance for your landscaped environment. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time. The shift timings include Day, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Sod Farmer has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Lavington Turf Farms Ltd.
Position: Sod Farmer
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: 5770 Petworth Rd, Coldstream, BC V1B 3E4
Type of Farm Operations: Harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties
- The candidate would be responsible for fertilizing and protecting crops from weeds and pests by taking appropriate actions like spraying pesticides etc
- The candidate would be responsible in harvesting of crops
- The candidate should have knowledge and capability to operate farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be required to carry out repair and maintenance work for farm machinery and equipment if and when required.
- The candidate will be required to monitor irrigation and soil moisture as per crop requirements.
- The candidate should be responsible in ensuring cleanliness of the farm.
- The candidate should ensure uninterrupted water supply to the farm.
- The candidate will assist in soil preparation by removing rocks, roots, limbs, stumps, trees, and other debris from the farm and fields.
- When work in sod is not available, the candidate may be offered other general agricultural duties associated with sod farming, including building and equipment maintenance, repairing fences, and similar tasks.
- The candidate will be required to keep an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases.
- The candidate should know English
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be proficient in handling farm machineries like Tractor, Sod cutter and Turf grass harvester
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate must be physically fit.
- The candidate must be able to work long hours on farm.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours, including tolerance for pests and thorns.
- The candidate will be required to work in wet, hot and cold weather conditions.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
Work Location Information
- Free accommodation facilities are available to the selected candidates.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience