The Purvis Bros, Limited based in Silver Water, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Smoke chamber tender, fish – fish processing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work the Day shift from 08:00 to 17:00.
Employer Name: The Purvis Bros, Limited
Position: Smoke chamber tender, fish – fish processing
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment , Full time
Location: Silver Water, ON
- The candidate will be required to cut, clean, and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- The candidate must scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets, and remove scrap parts with a knife.
- The candidate will be required to inspect fish fillets to determine the optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications, and place them in a container for weighing.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate will be required to document production data.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood.
- The candidate will be required to set up and use equipment to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate, or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate will receive employer-provided transportation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options