Whistler’s Creekside Market INC based in Whistler, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Shelf stocker – supermarket who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Shelf stocker – supermarket has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Whistler’s Creekside Market INC
Position: Shelf stocker – supermarket
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 32 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Whistler, BC
- The candidate will be expected to direct customers to the location of the desired articles.
- The candidate must unpack products received from the store and count, weigh, or sort items.
- The candidate will be responsible for stocking shelves and displaying items.
- The candidate will be expected to keep stock clean and orderly.
- The candidate will be expected to price items using a stamp or sticker in accordance with the price list.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors).
- The candidate must be able to operate a cash register.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 9 kg (20 lbs) and 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skill.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site is air conditioned and cold/refrigerated.
- The candidate will be required to work in the Dairy department, Produce department, Frozen foods department and Supermarket/grocery store.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking and Wellness program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.