TriCom Security Services Inc. based in Pickering Town Centre, Pickering, ON L1V 1B8 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Security guard who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: TriCom Security Services Inc.
Position: Security guard
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $21.06 hourly for 32 to 38 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Pickering Town Centre, Pickering, ON L1V 1B8
- The candidate must appear in court as a witness.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate will be required to write reports.
- The candidate will be responsible for enforcing regulations, maintaining order, resolving conflicts, and monitoring establishment activities.
- The candidate will be expected to investigate illegal acts committed by employees or customers of establishments and to recommend security systems.
- The candidate will be required to operate security control room equipment.
- The candidate must patrol designated areas.
- The candidate will be expected to prevent and detect shoplifting and theft in retail establishments.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma from a college, CEGEP, or other non-university programme lasting one to two years.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Class 5/5F/G licence (cars, small trucks, and other 2-axle vehicles), a CPR certificate, a First Aid certificate, and a Security Guard licence.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be expected to work in a private security agency as well as a shopping centre or mall.
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Type of Experience
- The candidate should have prior experience with conducting interviews/taking statements, preparing information (evidence) reports, and presenting evidence in court.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, and driving record check (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to ride a bicycle.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.