Reinforcing steel ironworker
A&H Steel Ltd. based in 27222 Lougheed Hwy, Maple Ridge, BC V2W 0C9 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Reinforcing steel ironworker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work on various shifts. The position of Reinforcing steel ironworker has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: A&H Steel Ltd.
Position: Reinforcing steel ironworker
No. of vacancies: 20
Salary: $36.73 to $52.82 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 27222 Lougheed Hwy, Maple Ridge, BC V2W 0C9
- The candidate must signal crane operators to position units in accordance with blueprints.
- The candidate must align, weld, or bolt units into place.
- The candidate will be required to position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures.
- The candidate must unload and position steel units so that each piece can be hoisted as needed.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The work environment includes new construction (pre-engineered) and new construction (Not pre-engineered).
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be skilled in installing reinforcing steel.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate must have steel-toed safety boots, a hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, and gloves.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
4710 82 Avenue