TOWER OF PORT HOPE RETIREMENT RESIDENCE based in 164 PETER STREET, Port Hope, ON L1A 1C6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Personal support worker – nursing care who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: TOWER OF PORT HOPE RETIREMENT RESIDENCE
Position: Personal support worker – nursing care
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 hourly (To be negotiated) / 30 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 164 PETER STREET, Port Hope, ON L1A 1C6
- The candidate will be required to take the blood pressure, temperature, and pulse of patients.
- The candidate must weigh, lift, turn, and position patients.
- The candidate will be responsible for making beds and maintaining patient rooms.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise the exercise routines of patients.
- The candidate will be responsible for bathing, dressing, and grooming patients.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to call signals.
- The candidate will be expected to accompany patients on outings and other recreational activities, as well as perform other duties related to patient care and comfort.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must work in a nursing home or a home for the elderly.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
164 PETER STREET
PORT HOPE, ON
Between 08:30 AM and 03:30 PM
905-885-7261 Between 08:30 AM and 06:30 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Reference number- 10001