West Neighbourhood House based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Personal support worker – home support who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: West Neighbourhood House
Position: Personal support worker – home support
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $23.86 hourly / 35 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients with bathing and other personal hygiene tasks.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in regular exercise, such as walking.
- The candidate will have to feed or assist with feeding.
- The candidate will be expected to launder clothing and household linens.
- The candidate must perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate must provide companionship.
- The candidate must provide personal care.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Personal Support Worker Certificate.
- The candidate will be required to work in an urban area.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate will be in charge of providing care to the elderly and people with disabilities.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- Health, Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Other benefits and Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.