Tanda Farms Ltd. based in Atwood, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Herd hand who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Herd hand has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Tanda Farms Ltd.
Position: Herd hand
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $15.83 to $17.83 hourly for 50 hours per 50 to 65 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Atwood, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of handling animals.
- The candidate will be in charge of livestock branding.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring animal health.
- The candidate will be in charge of processing pig litters.
- The candidate will be in charge of weaning.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must clean stables, barns, barnyards, and pens.
- The candidate must detect disease and health issues in crops, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is Hog management.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and Specialization
Automated systems experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with automated bulk grain or feed handling, as well as a feeding and watering system.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to recognise similarities and differences between sounds.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation