Alternative Home Care Inc based in Pickering, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Personal support worker – home support who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call and Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: Alternative Home Care Inc
Position: Personal support worker – home support
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $19.00 to $23.00 hourly for 44 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Pickering, ON
- The candidate will be expected to provide bedside and personal care.
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients with bathing and other personal hygiene tasks.
- The candidate will be in charge of feeding or will assist in feeding.
- The candidate will be expected to launder clothing and household linens.
- The candidate will be required to perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate will be expected to provide companionship.
- The candidate will be expected to provide personal care.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in Other trades.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate must be punctual.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in the employer’s or client’s home.
Experience and Specialization
- The target audience will include people with Alzheimer’s disease, the elderly, people with disabilities, people with mental health disabilities, people with physical disabilities, and the terminally ill.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have their Immunization records.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Tuberculosis test as well as a Vulnerable Sector check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- AHCPSW
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of latest school transcript