Raspberry Point Oyster Company based in 9409 Cavendish Road, Rte 6, Hunter River, PE C0A 1N0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Packer, oysters – fish processing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Raspberry Point Oyster Company
Position: Packer, oysters – fish processing
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per 40 to 55 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 9409 Cavendish Road, Rte 6, Hunter River, PE C0A 1N0
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate will be required to record production information.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in and on water.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about oysters.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Maternity and parental benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking and Employer-provided transportation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options