Dykeland Lodge based in Windsor, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nurse who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Dykeland Lodge
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $29.00 to $40.00 hourly for 40 to 1280 hours per month
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Windsor, NS
- The candidate will be expected to assess patients in order to determine appropriate nursing interventions.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate in order to plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate patient care.
- The candidate must dispense and administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor, assess, address, document, and report symptoms and changes in the conditions of patients.
- The candidate must be able to provide nursing care.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising licenced practical nurses and other nursing personnel.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a college/CEGEP diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise staff in a various areas of responsibility.
- The candidate must have a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- The candidate must be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the province/territory where they work.
- The candidate must be licenced as a registered nurse by provincial or territorial authorities.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
- The candidate will be required to work in a nursing home or a home for the elderly.
Experience and Specialization
Area of Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about geriatrics.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Adult Abuse Registry, Child Abuse Registry, and Criminal Record Check.
- The candidate should have their Immunization records.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking and team building opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.