Mental health nurse
Fort Nelson First Nation based in Fort Nelson, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Mental health nurse who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Fort Nelson First Nation
Position: Mental health nurse
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $35.73 to $48.02 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Fort Nelson, BC
- The candidate must assess patients in order to identify appropriate nursing interventions.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate in order to plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate patient care.
- The candidate will be expected to deliver health education programmes.
- The candidate must dispense and administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor, assess, address, document, and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- The candidate will be required to participate in community needs assessment and programme development.
- The candidate will be expected to provide consultative services on issues concerning the nursing profession and nursing practise.
- The candidate must provide nursing care.
- The candidate must provide supportive counselling and life skills programming.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 3 to 4 people.
- The candidate must have a Mental Health First Aid Certificate, a CPR Certificate, be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse by the province/territory of employment, a First Aid Certificate, and be licenced as a Registered Nurse by provincial or territorial authorities.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate will be required to work in a public or community health centre.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about drug addiction and mental health.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a Basic security clearance.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a Tuberculosis test.
- The candidate should have their Immunization records.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance and Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 2019-12-1.0
- Cover letter