Kernow Machining Services Ltd. based in 20911-107th Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5S 1W6 is inviting applications from suitable applicants for the position of Manual Machinist who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Natural Gas Engines, Compressors, and General Machining are Kernow Machining Services Ltd’s specialties. Our primary focus is on the natural gas engine and compressor markets, but we also provide general machining to our local clients. We have a 6600 square foot full service machine shop that allows us to serve our customers for in-house or field restoration of liner fits on Waukesha, White Superior, and Caterpillar Natural Gas Engines, engine components, and compressor rods/pistons and rings.
On-site machining of I.R. Rds and Worthington cross head guides is also available. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The selected candidate will be required to work during the day shift and should be prepared to work overtime if necessary.
Employer Name: Kernow Machining Services Ltd.
Position: Manual Machinist
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $30.00 to $36.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 20911-107th Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5S 1W6
- The candidate would be responsible for repairing machine tools and parts
- The candidate will be required to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- The candidate would be in charge of fitting and assembling components and machine parts to tight tolerances.
- The candidate will be expected to keep inspection records and submit inspection reports.
- The candidate will be required to use precise measuring instruments to verify the dimensions of machined parts (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- The candidate must maintain, repair, and calibrate precision measuring instruments.
- The candidate would be in charge of recording and reporting deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- The candidate will be expected to set up and adjust manufacturing machines or tools.
- The candidate must compute dimensions and tolerances, as well as measure and lay out work pieces.
- The candidate will be required to use precision measuring instruments to check the dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- The candidate will be required to plan the sequence of actions required to complete a job.
- The candidate would be in charge of measuring, marking, and scribing dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as needed.
- The candidate must select appropriate machines (e.g., lathes) and position or load material for a job.
- The candidate will be required to determine and programme batch size, machine speed, and so on.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor the machine while working in order to adjust the feed, maintain temperature, and identify issues.
- The candidate will be expected to check output for consistency with specifications and to discard errors.
- The candidate must maintain records of approved and defective units or final products.
- The candidate will be expected to perform routine machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- The candidate would be in charge of ensuring that operations are safe by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping the workplace safe.
- The candidate should be fluent in English
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 5 or more years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have 3rd Period Apprentice, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate and Machinist Trade Certification
- The candidate must able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate must be able to take the initiative and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate must be self motivated
- The candidate should be able to troubleshoot effectively.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must be capable of operating Tool grinders, Milling machines, Engine lathes, Drill presses, Boring machines, Conventional and Lapping machine
- The candidate will be required to work in Oil and gas industry or General manufacturing
- The candidate must be able to use precise measuring tools such as Gauges, Micrometers, Callipers, Calibre and Verniers.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- Health and Long term benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits and Life insurance
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation