Retirement Living Centres based in 425 Fraser Street, North Bay, ON P1B 3X1 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Maintenance worker, building who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours and Morning.
Employer Name: Retirement Living Centres
Position: Maintenance worker, building
No. of vacancies: 0
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 75 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 425 Fraser Street, North Bay, ON P1B 3X1
- The candidate will be expected to use industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris, and other waste.
- The candidate must empty trash cans and other waste containers.
- The candidate must clean windows, interior walls, and ceilings.
- The candidate will be required to make minor adjustments and repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems, as well as contact tradespeople for major repairs.
- The candidate will be required to perform minor appliance repairs.
- The candidate must move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- The candidate will also be required to perform routine maintenance tasks such as painting and drywall repair.
- The candidate will be expected to water and care for plants, lawns, and/or gardens.
- The candidate will be expected to work with little supervision.
- The candidate must clear snow and ice from walkways and parking lots.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a secondary (high) school diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in an apartment/condominium complex.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate must have prior experience with industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers, carpet cleaning machine, power tools, power lawn mowers, security system, upholstery cleaning equipment and snowblower.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
425 Fraser Street
North Bay, ON
P1B 3X1 Between 08:30 AM and 06:00 PM