Long haul truck driver
VERTEX TRANSPORT LTD. based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: VERTEX TRANSPORT LTD.
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $24.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks) and an Air Brake (Z) endorsement.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Driver logbook and Trip reports.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer)
Security and safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, and driving record check (abstract)
- The candidate must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter