NAVIGATOR ENTERPRISES LTD based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: NAVIGATOR ENTERPRISES LTD
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 15
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have a Workplace Safety and Insurance Board�SIB) clearance certificate, an Air Brake (Z) endorsement, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are Dry Bulk, Refrigerated and Tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer) and Citizens band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be well-versed in international, local, national, provincial or territorial, and regional regions.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal background check, driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical exam.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
PO Box 62527 Scott Town Plaza
9164 120 Street suite 103
V3V 4B5 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 AM