Transource Freightways Ltd. based in 1659 Foster’s Way, Delta, BC V3M 6S7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work overtime.
Employer Name: Transource Freightways Ltd.
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 20
Salary: $.50 commission per mile
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1659 Foster’s Way, Delta, BC V3M 6S7
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a secondary (high) school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with accident or incident reports, bill of lading, driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trans-border documentation, and trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles) and tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer) and Citizens band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must have prior experience running long-distance trips.
- The candidate should have good knowledge about International, National, Provincial/territorial and Regional regions
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1659 Foster’s Way
1659 Foster’s Way
V3M 6S7 Between 09:00 AM and 03:00 PM
604-525-0527 Between 09:00 AM and 03:00 PM