Shergill Transport Ltd based in 2162 137B Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6T 1R6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend and Morning.
Employer Name: Shergill Transport Ltd
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $28.85 hourly for 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2162 137B Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6T 1R6
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be expected to receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate must be well-versed in accident or incident reports, driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), trans-border documentation, and trip reports.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be capable of using GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer) and Citizens band (CB) radio.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal background check, drug test, and medical exam.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.