RAFFLES TRANSPORTATION GROUP based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: RAFFLES TRANSPORTATION GROUP
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Refrigerated
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate will be in charge of receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Trans-border documentation, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Driver logbook and Bill of lading.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer).
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Driver’s Licence Validity Check, Driving Record Check (abstract), and Drug Test.
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be willing to travel cross-border.
- The candidate should be willing to travel for extended periods.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to the given location.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.