MKD Transport Limited based in 3235 100 St SE, Calgary, AB T1X 0L4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Weekend. The position of Long haul truck driver has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: MKD Transport Limited
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $28.85 hourly / 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 3235 100 St SE, Calgary, AB T1X 0L4
- The candidate must obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have completed an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement course and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about driver logbooks.
Security and safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly checked (abstract).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.