City Of Mississauga has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Law Clerk. Candidates ought to comprehend the tasks and responsibilities and provide their best effort, which is obligatory. They will prepare and draft municipal by-laws, corporate reports and other documents. They will draft and negotiate contracts, including amendments, statements of work and non-disclosure agreements. They will review and interpret contracts and by-laws, update legal templates, and maintain a precedent database
Employer Name: City Of Mississauga
Position: Law Clerk
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $ 74,817.00 – $ 99,758.00 yearly
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Civic Centre
- They will prepare and coordinate the registration and removal of property standards orders on title using Teraview
- They need to prepare contracts and other legal documents for execution
- They have to respond to enquiries, both internal and external, regarding by-laws, contract obligations and revisions, and general municipal law enquiries
- They will conduct, analyze and make recommendations regarding title searches, corporate searches, and corporate records and documents
- Candidates must have Law Clerk Diploma or Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate (or equivalent education)
- They must have minimum 7 years experience as a law clerk working with by-laws and contracts
- They must have proven knowledge of legal concepts, principles and terminology, legal procedures, statutes and regulations relating to municipal law, by-laws and contracts
- They must have excellent by-law and contract drafting and research skills
- Candidates must have the ability to serve as a point of contact for by-law and contract review requests and coordinate access to and support from lawyers as needed
- They should possess the capability to conduct research and benchmarking
- They must liaise and provide technical knowledge, advice, recommendations and appropriate assistance to the Deputy City Solicitor, Legal Counsel and Department staff where appropriate; and
- They need to perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates will get extended health and dental programs.
- Moreover, They will obtain alternative work arrangements. and wellness programs.
- They will acquire an Employee Assistance program as well.
- In addition, they will gain discounted fitness membership.
- They will possess employee recognition awards.
How to apply
If you’re eligible for the Law Clerk position, please click the given link, input your relevant information, and finish the registration process. The registration process has begun, so applying sooner is suggested.