Andrew MacDonald Landscaping & Tree Service Ltd. based in Sydney, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Landscape labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Part time leading to full time job. The candidate must be available to work during Flexible Hours, and shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Andrew MacDonald Landscaping & Tree Service Ltd.
Position: Landscape labourer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 30 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Sydney, NS
- The candidate must weed, prune, and trim trees and plants.
- The candidate must cut grass.
- The candidate will be expected to rake and collect trash.
- The candidate will be expected to clean up litter and garbage.
- The candidate must cart and spread topsoil and other materials.
- The candidate will have to lay sod or seed.
- The candidate will be required to plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- The candidate will have to apply fertilisers.
- The candidate must water and care for plants, lawns, and/or gardens.
- The candidate must be able to use a chainsaw to fell, delimb, and buck trees.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty and hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a chainsaw, a pickup truck, and brakes.
Security and safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, and driving record check (abstract).
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience