Big Red Markets based in 133 Front st. North Unit 1, Thorold, ON L2V 0A3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, meat-packing plant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Big Red Markets
Position: Labourer, meat-packing plant
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $21.00 hourly / 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 133 Front st. North Unit 1, Thorold, ON L2V 0A3
- The candidate must transport raw materials, finished goods, and packaging materials.
- The candidate must measure and dump ingredients into the hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- The candidate will be required to feed flattened boxes into forming machines in order to construct containers.
- The candidate must remove filled containers from conveyors.
- The candidate will be required to manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other containers.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding and unloading processing machines.
- The candidate must inspect products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- The candidate will be expected to assist process control and machine operators in carrying out their responsibilities.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate will be required to work in a meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience