Westfine Meats Inc based in Innisfail, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, meat-packing plant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Westfine Meats Inc
Position: Labourer, meat-packing plant
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $17.85 hourly 32 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Innisfail, AB
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about food safety and handling.
- The candidate must transport raw materials, finished goods, and packaging materials.
- The candidate must measure and dump ingredients into the hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate must remove filled containers from conveyors.
- The candidate will be required to manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other containers.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding and unloading processing machines.
- The candidate must inspect products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- The candidate will be expected to assist process control and machine operators in carrying out their responsibilities.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in hot and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The candidate must work in a meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Parking facilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
4312 51 Street
4312 51 Street
Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM