Advantage Personnel based in Saint John, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, Construction who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The Advantage Group is a large, privately held Canadian employment and staffing firm. The company began with a primary focus on the transportation industry, but has since expanded into a full-service operation that provides employment services for temporary, contract, contingent, and direct hire placements, outsourced payroll and benefits, human resource services, and health and safety. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The selected candidate will be required to work during day shift.
Employer Name: Advantage Personnel
Position: Labourer, Construction
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Saint John, NB
Construction Specialization: Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Institutional
- The candidate should be fluent in English
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to 1 year of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be able to handle weight more than 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate should have experience in handling Sledgehammer, Sandblasters, Mortar and concrete mixers, Jackhammers, Drills, Concrete saws, Concrete vibrators, Chippers, Reciprocating saws, Circular saws and Grinding machine
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skill.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be able to work in a safe and efficient manner with little supervision.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots
- The candidate would be in charge of mixing, pouring, and spreading materials.
- The candidate would be in charge of loading, unloading, and transporting construction materials.
- The candidate would be in charge of erecting and deconstructing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring, and barricades.
- The candidate would be in charge of operating and maintaining construction equipment and machines.
- When necessary, the candidate would be responsible for assisting equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labourers.
- The candidate would be in charge of cleaning obstacles and hazards on construction sites.
- The candidate would be in charge of assemble and disassemble temporary structures such as scaffolding.
- The candidate would be in charge of removing, filling, or compacting earth.
- The candidate would be in charge of following the instructions of supervisors.
- The candidate will be required to assist craft workers.
- The candidate will be expected to follow all safety procedures on the job site and report any violations to management immediately.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the job site safe and clean by properly handling and storing materials, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- The candidate would be responsible for reading, interpreting blueprints and design.
- The candidate will be required to use a rake and shovel to level the earth to fine grade specifications.
- The candidate will be required to assist miners in excavating and in setting up and operating various drills and other surface mining machinery
- The candidate would be responsible for assisting heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities.
- The candidate will be required to assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
- The candidate will be required to assist in drilling and blasting rock at construction sites.
- The candidate will be required to clean up chemical spills and other contaminants, and remove asbestos and other hazardous materials
- The candidate will be required to use spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls.
- The candidate would be responsible for operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers
- The candidate will be required to participate in demolitions.
- The candidate will be required to use hand tools like shovels and picks, as well as large machinery like excavators and backhoes, to remove dirt and rocks from sites in order to prepare them for foundation construction.
- The candidate will be required to dig trenches for drainage, electrical piping, and other utility lines on new construction sites, which frequently occurs before any other work on the site.
- The candidate will be required to perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be willing to travel frequently.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
- The candidate should be willing to travel overnight.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
93 Prince William Street Unit 101
Saint John , NB
E2L 2B3 Between 10:00 AM and 03:00 PM
506-652-2186 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM