City of Toronto has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Inspector Municipal Construction. Candidates should have a understanding of their tasks and accountabilities and provide their best effort. They will coordinate scheduling and discuss details of pending repairs/construction work with staff, management staff, contractors, utilities and other agencies. They have to prepare progress reports including materials/equipment used, hours worked and status of project completion and weather conditions.
Employer Name: City of Toronto
Position: Inspector Municipal Construction
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $40.62 – $44.48 hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: 18 Dyas Road
- Candidates will inspect materials to ensure that they are of the proper quality and in accordance with contract plans and City specifications and policies.
- They will carry out field inspection on construction done by Utility Companies, to ensure their adherence to previously approved plans and that restoration is to City standards.
- They will conduct visual inspections and arrange for on-site sampling and testing.
- Candidates must have certified Engineering Technician/Technologist and/or approved equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- They must have considerable experience in the construction and inspection of municipal infrastructure including roads, sidewalks, sewers and watermains.
- Candidates should possess considerable knowledge of the type, quality, and quality assurance methods required for the construction of sewers, water mains, sidewalks, road construction and stormwater management facilities.
- They must have extensive knowledge in the application of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work including confined space entry, traffic control, WHMIS, first aid, etc.
- Life insurance, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance (equivalent to 1.5 times your annual salary) will be provided to them.
- An Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) will be accessible to them.
- They will be able to participate in an Employee Wellness Program.
- Corporate training and leadership development opportunities will be available for them to enhance their skills.
How to apply
Candidates who fulfil the eligibility requirements and have a genuine interest in the Inspector Municipal Construction role are urged to promptly click on the mentioned link below and finish their registration, being diligent in entering relevant information. The registration process has already commenced and will end shortly.