Cargill Ltd. based in P.O. Bag 3850, 472 Avenue and Highway 2A North, High River, AB T1V 1P4 is inviting applications from suitable applicants for the position of Industrial butcher who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Cargill Limited is headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and employs over 8,000 people across the country. Our Canadian operations have been recognised as one of Canada’s Top Employers, Top Diversity Employers, and Top Employers for Young People. Cargill Limited is a subsidiary of Cargill, Incorporated, a Minneapolis-based international provider of food, agriculture, and risk management products and services.
Cargill Limited is a major merchandiser and processor in Canada. Our interests include beef, poultry, and oilseed processing, as well as livestock feed manufacturing. We are also involved in crop input product retailing, grain handling, milling, salt distribution, and merchandising. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Industrial butcher has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Cargill Ltd.
Position: Industrial butcher
No. of vacancies: 80
Salary: $24.00 to $26.75 hourly for 36 to 48 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: P.O. Bag 3850, 472 Avenue and Highway 2A North, High River, AB T1V 1P4
- The candidate must slaughter cattle, calves, and sheep in accordance with religious laws.
- The candidate will be required to slaughter livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses.
- The candidate will be required to slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives.
- The candidate will be required to remove bones from meat.
- The candidate will be required to cut beef, lamb, pork, or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing, or packaging.
- The candidate will be expected to cut, trim, and prepare standard meat cuts.
- The candidate will be required to split carcasses into smaller pieces to facilitate handling.
- The candidate must cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial, or other wholesale use.
- The candidate will be required to remove skin, excess fat, bruises, or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
- The candidate will be responsible for weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- The candidate will be required to clean meats in preparation for processing or cutting.
- The candidate must be able to cut poultry into parts.
- The candidate should perform quality inspections on meats and other products.
- The candidate would be in charge of receiving and fulfilling custom orders.
- The candidate would be in charge of adhering to food safety and sanitation regulations.
- The candidate should have the knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- The candidate will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment, as well as ensuring that displays and signage are accurate and appealing.
- The candidate must label meat with the cut, grade, preparation date, best-by date, and other pertinent information.
- The candidate must maintain the sharpness, cleanliness, and sterilization of knives and tools.
- The candidate must keep the preparation areas clean.
- The candidate will be required to store meats and fish in the refrigerator or freezers at the required temperature.
- The candidate must be able to prepare special cuts of meat that customers have requested.
- The candidate will be required to work with specialised knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety regulations, as well as safe food handling practises.
- The candidate will be expected to manage inventory, keep sales records, and determine the quantity, product line, and freshness of products in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- To avoid meat contamination, the candidate must adhere to sanitation standards.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have thorough understanding of types, cuts, and preparation methods of meat.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidates should have the knowledge of meat cutting and techniques.
- The candidate must be able to use hand tools.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs) and 9 kg (20 lbs)
- The candidate must be able to concentrate on a singular task.
- The candidate must pay close attention to what they are doing to avoid injury and waste of product.
- The candidate must have good hand control in order to make proper cuts of meat that are the right size.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate should be familiar with stunning devices, saws, power cutting tools, and knives.
- The candidate will be required to work in Slaughter houses, Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate must pass criminal background check and drug test
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in dusty, hot, cold or refrigerated environment
- The candidate will be required to work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
- Public transportation is not available for the candidate to use.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions
Work Location Information
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to the given location.
- The employer would not pay relocation cost to the selected candidates
- Health, Long term and Financial benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) and Other benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get benefits as per collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- Copy of latest school transcript