Salon De Nuvida Ltd. based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hairstylist who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Nuvida is derived from a Korean word that means “to go around.” We believe that each community in the world has its own distinct beauty culture. We want to “travel” the world to experience and be exposed to different cultures, not only to learn new skills or techniques, but also to share our “Nuvida”culture and inspire each other with new trends. Nuvida, or going around, is the first step toward everything we want and believe needs to be done for our continued progress.
We specialise in haircuts, colour, perms, digital perms, Japanese hair straightening, hair and scalp treatments, hair extensions, and styling/up-dos. To meet and exceed our clients’ expectations, we only use La Biosthétique products, whose superior performance has been proven by hair professionals all over the world. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The position of Hairstylist has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Salon De Nuvida Ltd.
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising apprentices/students in training, as well as shampooing customers’ hair.
- The candidate will be required to suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
- The candidate will be required to cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair.
- The candidate would be responsible for analyzing hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- The candidate will be required to apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair.
- The candidate will be expected to wash, rinse, and dry the hair of clients using appropriate shampoos and conditioners.
- The candidate will be required to perform receptionist duties.
- The candidate will be expected to keep and order supplies.
- The candidate would be responsible for booking appointments.
- The candidate will be expected to greet customers and learn about their preferences by asking probing questions.
- The candidate must ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed.
- The candidate would be responsible for building a personal relationship with clients to ensure return visits.
- The candidate will be required to listen clients’ needs to determine their preferences.
- The candidate will be required to help clients to decide their ideal haircut and hairstyle.
- The candidate would be responsible for following all salon policies and procedures.
- The candidate will be required to use hair care tools and equipment safely and effectively to avoid accidents.
- The candidate would be responsible for monitoring inventory level of hair care supplies and report any shortages in a timely manner.
- The candidate will be required to provide quality customer services and maintain high standard of professionalism.
- The candidate will be required to stay abreast with latest development in hair styling and fashion industry.
- The candidate will be required to report unsafe circumstances and inappropriate customer behaviors to Manager immediately.
- The candidate will be required to advice customers on home care tips for hair.
- The candidate will be required to cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate having Hairstylist Licence is an added advantage.
- The candidate must have ability to provide exceptional customer service, as a Hair Stylist understanding the guest’s needs, providing quality consultations and performing services requested in a competent, efficient and professional manner.
- The candidate will be required to perform continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms.
- The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be willing to learn about new styles and techniques
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should be able to use a variety of styling and colouring techniques.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate should have good retention skills, which will assist you in performing a variety of tasks and remembering products to recommend.
- The candidate must be patient. Because their services can be time-consuming, having patience can assist you in finishing your work without rushing.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude.
Hair Colouring Techniques
- The candidate would be responsible for applying a wide range of hair coloring techniques such as Streaking/highlights, Bleach, Frosting and Dyes/tints.
Hair Styling Techniques
- The candidate would be responsible for hair Styling techniques, including permanents, ironing waving or curling, twisting, relaxing, roller setting, pin curls, blow drying and hair braiding.
Barber Specific Skills
- The candidate will be responsible for providing other hair treatments such as waving, straightening, and tinting, as well as scalp conditioning massages.
- The candidate must cut and trim hair according to the client’s instructions or preferences.
- The candidate will be expected to clean and sanitise combs, scissors, razors, and other instruments after each use.
- The candidate will be required to work in barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio.
- The candidate is able to travel by public transportation.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting and standing position for long hours.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks
- The candidate should have excellent hand eye co-ordination.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Urban area.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.