Garda Canada Security Corp. based in Corner Brook, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Guard, security who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Casual employment or Part time job.
Employer Name: Garda Canada Security Corp.
Position: Guard, security
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.00 to $21.00 hourly for 4 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Casual employment, Part time
Location: Corner Brook, NL
- The candidate will be expected to enforce regulations in order to maintain order, resolve conflicts, and monitor establishment activities.
- The candidate will be expected to investigate unlawful acts committed by employees or patrons of establishments and to recommend security systems.
- The candidate will be expected to patrol designated areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an RCMP field investigation and security clearance, a Criminology course certificate, a Police and security course certificate, a Security Guard licence, a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) certificate, and a Security Guard basic (pre-assignment) training programme certificate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a school or educational institution/establishment.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must have 20/20 vision.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.