1863835 Ontario Ltd. based in 5663 Waterworks Road, Sarnia, ON N7T 7H2 is looking suitable candidates for the position of GreenHouse Worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. SS Greenhouses maintains its proud tradition of quality and customer service. Hard work and determination are the cornerstones of SS Greenhouses’ success. The King family and their team guarantee that the outcome of any landscape project, whether residential or commercial, will be completely satisfactory to you.
From planning to installation, SS Greenhouses’ superior knowledge and modern practises enable them to provide you with multiple problem-solving options and a wide range of products for your soft and hardscapes; this is their specialty and the reason they have such a strong presence in Lambton County today. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Part time leading to full time. The shift timings include Day, Weekend and Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: 1863835 Ontario Ltd.
Position: GreenHouse Worker
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: 5663 Waterworks Road, Sarnia, ON N7T 7H2
Type of Product: Vegetables, Tropical plants, Seasonal plants, Ornamental trees, shrubs and hedges, Flowers and plants, Bedding plants, Berry bushes and Perennials
- The candidate must be able to operate a cash register.
- The candidate must be able to use computerised inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems.
- The candidate will be expected to offer product advice.
- The candidate must greet customers and discuss the type, quality, and quantity of merchandise or services desired for purchase, rental, or lease.
- The candidate will be required to prepare sales, rental, or leasing contracts as well as accept payment by cash, check, credit card, or automatic debit.
- The candidate will be expected to help with merchandise display.
- The candidates would be in charge of reporting any signs of insect or disease damage.
- The candidate will be required to monitor irrigation and soil moisture as per crop requirements.
- The candidate would be responsible for monitoring plants for healthy growth and potential weed, insect, disease, and fertilizer problems in greenhouse crops.
- The candidate will be required to inspect already planted crops to ensure that they are growing properly and address any prevailing issues.
- The candidate will be required to check every item to ensure farm’s standard while tossing away items that do not pass that threshold.
- The candidate would be responsible for harvesting vegetables by hand
- The candidate will be required to spray trees, shrubs, flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- The candidate will be responsible for positioning and controlling greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems in order to water plants and fields.
- The candidate will be required to keep an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases.
- The candidate would be in charge of vegetable culling.
- The candidate should be responsible in keeping record information such as pesticide use and yields.
- The candidate should have the capability to detect disease and health problems in crops.
- The candidate should ensure uninterrupted water supply to the farm.
- The candidate would be responsible for selecting and picking of produce according to size and ripeness and disregard rotting and over ripped produce.
- The candidate would be responsible for grading, sorting and packing of produce into containers
- The candidate would be responsible in participating the post-harvesting stage of crops and assist in packing them securely for storage purposes.
- The candidate will be required to regularly update farm manager about crop progress.
- The candidate must examine the quality of the product and get it ready for the market.
- The candidate should be fluent in English
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Previous experience in the farming industry is not mandatory.
- Knowledge of farming best practices would be an added advantage.
- The candidate would be responsible for mixing fertilizer in correct proportions.
- The candidate will be required to perform regular green house cleaning activity.
- The candidate should be able to work with full concentration even in noisy surroundings.
- The candidate will be required to do regular weeding activity in the farm.
- The candidate will be required to do regular seed cutting in the farm.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should have good communication skill.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should be a quick learner.
- The candidate should be hard-working, with outstanding problem-solving abilities.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate must be physically fit.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate will be required to work in cash and carry store.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots, gloves etc.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, dusty and cold environments.
- Work places are completely smoke free.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle
- There is no public transportation.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
Work Location Information
- The candidates will be required to work in Rural area.
- In addition, the candidates will provide on-site customer service.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
5663 Waterworks Road
N7T 7H2 Between 10:00 AM and 04:00 AM