General labourer – manufacturing
Western Canada Concrete Products Ltd. based in 690 Sarcee St W, Kamloops, BC V2H 1E5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General labourer – manufacturing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend and Overtime.
Employer Name: Western Canada Concrete Products Ltd.
Position: General labourer – manufacturing
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 35 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 690 Sarcee St W, Kamloops, BC V2H 1E5
- The candidate will be required to transport raw materials, finished products, and equipment throughout the plant either manually or using powered equipment.
- The candidate must check and weigh materials and products.
- The candidate must assist machine operators, assemblers, and other workers.
- The candidate will be required to perform other labouring and elemental activities.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have Forklift Operator Certification.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate must be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive additional benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Employer-paid learning/training, Team building opportunities, Parking facilities and Wellness program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
690 Sarcee St W
Between 08:00 AM and 03:30 PM