Olymel S.E.C/L.P based in Princeville, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Food processing labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Olymel is a modern company that draws on a wealth of knowledge rooted in a long tradition of industry excellence and best practises. We demonstrate our core values in a variety of ways, including never compromising on quality, constantly improving our performance to better serve customers, and, finally, constantly striving to inspire trust. In all of its operations, Olymel is committed to meeting or exceeding the highest industry standards.
Our company also strives to be socially responsible, leading by example through animal welfare practises, environmentally friendly processes, and support for the communities in which it operates. We can only complete our mission if we adhere to these standards. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening and Night
Employer Name: Olymel S.E.C/L.P
Position: Food processing labourer
No. of vacancies: 40
Salary: $20.50 hourly for 37 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Princeville, QC
- The candidate will be required to manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other containers.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate must inspect products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- The candidate will be required to transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- The candidate must measure and dump ingredients into the hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- The candidate must remove filled containers from conveyors.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding and unloading processing machines.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding flattened boxes into forming machines in order to construct containers.
- The candidate will be expected to assist process control and machine operators in carrying out their responsibilities.
- The candidate will be required to respond to any type of alarms or equipment malfunctions and to operate the shut-off switch when necessary.
- The candidate will be expected to load raw ingredients into the cooking machine and measure the amount required while adhering to company recipes and industry standards.
- At the end of each shift, the candidate will be required to sanitise all materials and machinery parts and clean the workspace at the worker station in accordance with company cleanliness standards.
- The candidate will be expected to understand written instructions and recipes from the company when putting together ingredients and starting a new batch of products.
- The candidate will be expected to keep an eye on food-cooking machines and make adjustments to the controls for boilers, ovens, fryers, and cookers.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of stock levels and communicate with purchasers.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor and maintain safety standards, paying special attention to machinery and electrical equipment.
- The candidate must maintain a high level of personal and workplace hygiene.
- The candidate will be required to check instruments such as temperature gauges, at regular intervals
- If necessary, the candidate will be required to adjust the speed of the conveyor belt.
- The candidate would be responsible for providing customer service
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that ingredients are properly tagged, date-labeled, covered, stored, and rotated.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring food levels and refilling supplies in a timely manner.
- The candidate must have food safety or handling skills.
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma .
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must have the ability to make decisions quickly and confidently based on company policies and practices.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the equipment, methods, and procedures used in the preparation, cooking, and distribution of food in a large institution.
- The candidate should be able to adhere to all relevant food safety standards.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and work independently without supervision.
- The candidate should be able to take on responsibility and see tasks through to completion.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be able to maintain focus on cyclical tasks.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate must adhere to all hygiene regulations.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be able to identify issues with produce.
- The candidate should be well-versed in food allergies and foodborne illnesses.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
- The candidate will be required to work in Feed mill
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, and hot or cold environments.
- The candidate will be required to work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for long hours.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- Health, Long term, Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) and Long-term care insurance
- Under financial benefits, the selected candidates would receive a bonus as well as benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- In addition to the above mentioned health, financial and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of free parking facilities, On-site amenities and Learning or training paid by employer
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.