Fish-processing plant worker
Amco Fisheries Ltd based in 896 Route 950 PO Box 1095, Cap-Pele, NB E4N 3B3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fish-processing plant worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Amco Fisheries Ltd
Position: Fish-processing plant worker
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $15.30 hourly for 35 hours per 35 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: 896 Route 950 PO Box 1095, Cap-Pele, NB E4N 3B3
- The candidate must cut, clean, and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- The candidate must scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets, and remove scrap parts with a knife.
- The candidate will be required to inspect fish fillets to determine the optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications, and place them in a container for weighing.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate will be required to disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans prior to canning or further processing.
- The candidate will be required to keep track of production data.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- The candidate will be required to set up and use equipment to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate, or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and specialization
Field work location experience
- The candidate must have prior work experience in New Brunswick.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a fish canning and cooking machine as well as a fish cleaning and cutting machine.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options