Nautical Seafoods Ltd based in Granville Ferry, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fish plant labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Nautical Seafoods Ltd
Position: Fish plant labourer
No. of vacancies: 18
Salary: $13.40 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Granville Ferry, NS
- The candidate will be required to unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to the work area.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting fish and shellfish to the work area.
- The candidate must condition fish fillets for wrapping or freezing.
- The candidate must weigh fish or shellfish, record the weight, and pack the fish in ice.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate will be expected to sort fish based on species, weight, and destination.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp and cold/refrigerated conditions.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 01NAUT – 170822