Farm worker, general
Archway Community Services based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Morning, 08:30 to 15:30.
Employer Name: Archway Community Services
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 30 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Part time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the greenhouse.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting seedlings.
- The candidate will be in charge of hoeing crops.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of seed cutting.
- The candidate will be in charge of soil fertility programmes.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must detect disease and health issues in crops, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate will be required to transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings.
- The candidate must cut grass.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and organise workshops, meetings, ceremonies, and other events for publicity, fundraising, and information purposes.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
According to the employer, this is a green job because the position:
- Entails duties and responsibilities that result in favourable environmental outcomes.
Work site environment
- The type of farm operation is other miscellaneous crop farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
Experience and specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and zucchini.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract).
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health, Financial and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive mileage reimbursement.
- In addition to the Health and Financial benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking, employer-paid learning/training, and a wellness programme.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 2022-54-06
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed