Deol Vineyards based in Duncan, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, fruit who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours and Morning.
Employer Name: Deol Vineyards
Position: Farm worker, fruit
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Duncan, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of clipping.
- The candidate will be in charge of fruit tree training.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and managing vine growth, vine canopy, and grapes.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of tying.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty and hot conditions.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive additional benefits.
- In addition to the Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, On-site amenities and Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
6645 Somenos Road
Between 09:00 AM and 03:00 AM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter