Farm worker, fruit
Similkameen Superior Fruits Ltd. based in 1810 Hwy 3, Cawston, BC V0X 1C2 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, fruit who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Farm worker, fruit has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Similkameen Superior Fruits Ltd.
Position: Farm worker, fruit
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 40 hours per 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1810 Hwy 3, Cawston, BC V0X 1C2
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of suckering.
- The candidate will be in charge of tying.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is organic farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in rural and remote areas.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- The crop is apples.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1810 Hwy 3