Top Tomato Foods based in Markham, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Top Tomato Foods
Position: Farm worker
No. of vacancies: 100
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Markham, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of hoeing crops.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of vegetable culling.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate will be required to write basic progress reports on a daily basis.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is other vegetables and melon farming (except potato).
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include bell peppers, cabbage, cauliflower, melons, strawberries, tomatoes, and zucchini.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a farm truck, fertiliser applicator, lift truck, planting equipment, tractor, and vegetable harvester.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be able to recognise similarities and differences between sounds.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Reference number- 0822JB